28 May 2017

Artbreak - Will to Survive (Single)


A few days ago, I was contacted by Cole from Artbreak asking if I could offer my thoughts on their new release.  I decided I would have a look, because the name of the band intrigues me.  So, who are this band?  Artbreak are an indie rock five piece from South London who first formed in 2016.  They have released a few singles since forming (all of which are on Spotify for your listening pleasure), but their latest one 'Will to Survive' is a little different.  This song has been produced by the legendary Tony Visconti, the man responsible for producing some of the biggest acts in modern music - Morrissey, David Bowie (his work on 'Blackstar' is some of my favourite production ever), Thin Lizzy, Fall Out Boy, Anti-Flag, the list is truly spectacular.  So, for a relatively unknown entity such as Artbreak to have their debut single produced by this man, it makes them a big deal from the beginning. 

'Will to Survive' is a catchy indie rock/pop number that is instantly infectious, it has an old school feeling to the riff on the guitar, the vocals sound so unique in this modern age of digitally enhanced vocals, the bass is subtle and the drums are driving each beat home with style and passion.  It is incredibly rare I will give full marks for an individual single, but this is a great song and introduction to Artbreak, one that gives great promise and we will be watching out for more releases in the future.



5 out of five - I wish I had extra ears to love this more

You can follow the activities of Artbreak on Facebook here.

At the time of writing, you can only stream Will to Survive on Spotify here. I will update this review with other links after 1st June 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Past sermons

Greatest hits

Translate