2 April 2017

State of the Blog Address - New era.

Hi everyone, 

I am posting this here, to address something that has been on my mind for a while.  This is an edited version of a post I made on the writer’s page for this blog. I have been wanting to write this for a bit (was gonna post it yesterday, but not doing that on April Fool's day), but I am finally doing it now.

Going forward, I am going to make the blog a solo blog. This is nothing to do with the quality of the blogs that Helen, Luke, Andy, Jerm and Marc have contributed or any falling out issues. I know these people have many commitments and interests that need and deserve your attention; but this is the same for the blog on my side now, it is getting attention from some PR companies, more bands than I would have ever imagined and I am having to turn down blogs due to time and energy as I know at times when I ask them to do stuff, it is not something that they necessarily commit to and it is now getting to the point where I need to find a way to get stuff done for other people's time scales and keep any promises that I am making.

I know that I will still not be able to review everything coming in and it probably makes no sense that I am going solo when business is picking up, that is why I am already setting up something called a triage system (thanks to Helen for the info), where I will be adding an auto email reply on the blog email address and it will point people in other directions if we do not answer within a specific time frame. Again, this is all in the name of making sure bands have more chances to spread their music, making sure the blog can filter what it wants to review, and then it can function smoother; I know a few blogs out there which would take up these sorts of submissions.

There is still no money in this (probably never will be), but if I am promising someone a review, handing it out and it is not turning out till months later, then it is not looking good for the blog. I also don't want to be chasing these guys like a demented boss when they are not getting paid, no-one is getting funds from this, just the albums and that is about it. If we were getting money (or I had money to pump into it) that would be different, but as this is from their free time, it is unfair to expect that, so that in a nut shell is why I am doing this.

I do hope that they understand why I am doing this, it is something that has been on my mind for a while and I think it will probably be a relief for them anyway. As I said before, there is no falling out here and I think the world of them for their contributions to this crazy idea which started in the back room of a flat as people hating me using my FB status bar for a review tool (still doing that, so more fool them).  To each of them individually, I say this -

Helen, even though you did not want to do it, you wanted to help me out and I love you for just wanting to do that (as well as many other things). Thank you for putting up with my madness my Angel.

Jerm, you almost got us in trouble so many times and I loved your bluntness to the reviews. You are awesome and keep up those GAINS!!!!! (Spelt wrong on purpose).

Luke, you changed the way I do the review into the essay format it is now, I cannot thank you enough and I hope Sapphire Bullets goes from strength to strength (which I am sure it will, please do not get sued).

Marc, the way you approached the blogs was wonderful and off the beaten path that it was almost Zappa in style. Thank you, you crazy prog man.

Andy, your blogs were always short, sharp and to the point. I do hope that TITS is back up and running soon, or that you get your gaming time in the busy work season.

As I said on the post to the writers - Once again, there is no falling out here and I think the world of them all as their contributions have helped so much along the way. Without them, I would probably still be a lot further back than I am; they are brilliant people and I love them to bits.

Eddie

Current listening (outside of the blog)

Cattle – Nature’s Champion
The Lemonheads – It’s A Shame About Ray
Frank Zappa & The Mothers of Invention – Mothermania
Crystal Fairy – Crystal Fairy
Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds – Henry’s Dream
Waheela – HX Pop
Andrew Combs – Canyons of my Mind
Homegrown – Kings of Pop
Soul Asylum – Let Your Dim Light Shine
Dreadzone – Dread Times
Memoriam – For The Fallen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Greatest hits

Translate