18 December 2016

Myke Clements - The King Is Here


Now that I have got the end of year stuff out of the way (apart from the vote for album of the year, that is down to you guys), I can get through some of the submission backlog that built up.  Myke Clements describes himself as a Christian solo artist who creates a variety of music; from intense and experimental beats to a tamer (yet still excellent) acoustic/folk album.  Now, I would like to point out from the beginning that I am not a Christian (but was brought up in a Christian household), but I am not an atheist either - I guess I am struggling to believe in anything being there or not as I see a lot of things in the world that make sense to me, so I cannot truly dismiss either option out of hand.  But I do not judge other people who have faith, my Mother (may she rest easy) was a lady of immense faith and whilst it was not for me, I always have respect for people who follow their belief and try to live a good life.  Now, you may wonder why I have admitted all of that?  Well, it is to show that I would not dismiss this out of hand for being Christian Rock, the only reason I would dismiss this or be scornful would be if the music was rubbish.  So, let us see how this sounds?

'The King Is Here' is a modern hymn in my eyes with touches of Wesleyism to the lyrics (The Wesley Brothers founded the Methodist Church), it is full of praise to the Deity and says that God is all around us.  Musically it is a heavier version of Coldplay with a little bit of Muse and for some reason a slight Hardcore Punk tone to the guitar (this is not that much of a surprise, Shelter were famous for being Hinduism into music).  It is not a bad song, it has an uplifting chorus and a decent tune; the message is not for me, but I am sure for people of a Christian faith it will be well received.  So, not a bad song at all, but not one for me either.

2.5 out of five - Not bad, not good, so average it is Zen

Top song - Only one song here people.....

You can purchase The King Is Here on Amazon here.


You can visit the Myke Clements website here.

You can follow the activities of Myke Clements on Facebook here.

You can stream The King Is Here on Spotify here.

You can stream The King Is Here on Deezer here.

You can stream The King Is Here on Spotify here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Past sermons

Greatest hits

Translate