30 November 2016

The Pineapple Thief - Your Wilderness

Image result for the pineapple thief
So, Your Wilderness, the latest album by The Pineapple Thief, and one that was recommended to me. I wish now it hadn't been. 

Here is the track list:
"In Exile"
"No Man's Land"
"Tear You Up"
"That Shore"
"Take Your Shot"
"Fend For Yourself"
"The Final Thing On Your Mind"
"Where We Stood"

Why the track list and not a talk through review. Well, I have listened to this twice from start to finish, and that's 90 plus minutes I am not going to get back, so I ain't wasting too much time on the review. The tracks are listless, the tone vapid, the lyrics boring and when you find a song that seems to be getting somewhere, it takes 9 plus minutes to say absolutely nothing at all. 

What I can say is that, by all means, give it a go. It's out there on Deezer here, iTunes here, Amazon here and they have their website here.

I am open minded enough to listen to their other albums if I come across them, and will give any new stuff a try in future, but honest to whatever-deity-you-choose, this collection of insipid songs did naff all for me.

On the plus side, they can play their instruments, so not a total disaster.

One out of Ten 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Past sermons

Greatest hits

Translate