27 April 2016

State of the Blog Address - Message from the Editor - On vacation

Hiya dear reader.

Message from Eddie here - I am sort of burnt out I think. 

I love this blog; it is something that has introduced me to some awesome bands, got me into trouble a few times, helped me connect with people who I would never have even met, it has taken a life of its own and it has also took up a lot of my time (which I do not get paid for, same as the rest of the team) and been a constant in my life - even on lunch breaks and travelling I have been listening to albums for the blog and not for the simple pleasure of a new piece of music of a familiar work that is tugging at my heart strings to be heard again 

However, my life outside of the blog has been changing - I have a new job which I am still adjusting to, I have the wonderful Helen who is a long suffering blog widow at times (as well as a contributor on here as well) and she sometimes needs someone who is not always on a laptop, listening to Latvian prog-metal so I need a bit of a vacation from the blog.  I need to be able to listen to an album for the joy of it, without having to give it a number just for a little bit to refresh the batteries.

I am sure the other guys will still put stuff up as the blog is not going anywhere to be honest, but it will be a while till my next post.

Till then, may your deity guide you to safer shores.

Eddie. 

PS -  

Here is my current list of albums that are being played for fun: 

Moonbabies - Wizards on the Beach (a favourite from one the bands who have gotten in touch on this blog)
Boy Jumps Ship - Wake Up
Mantar - Ode to the Flame
Lush - Split
PJ Harvey - The Hope Six Demolition Project
Fugazi - 13 Songs
The Smashing Pumpkins - Adore
Driven Serious - Ballad of Bones EP
James - Girl At The End of The World
Backwards Runners - Another Day, Another Dream
Prince - Sign O' The Times (Goodbye, you crazy genius)
Frank Zappa - Studio Tan
Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - Dig, Lazarus Dig!!!
Tellison - Hope Fading Nightly

PS - Here is a photo of me with Ochie.....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Past sermons

Greatest hits

Translate