11 May 2015

Harris Adams - Ring Ring


Another review I have been leaving for far too long; this time it is from new soul singer Harris Adams.  From the release information I have been given, Mr Adams was born in Sheffield, he has since relocated to the capital and with inspiration taken from Marvin Gaye, Ray Charles and dash of a modern contemporary style, Mr Adams is slowly establishing himself in the UK soul scene.  I will be honest, it is a little hard to get much of a gauge of this man as it is only one song on this release.  Never the less, I have been asked to review this and this I will do.

"Ring Ring" is a track with a classic sound, the Marvin Gaye comparison is a perfect match as this track reminds me an awful lot of "I Heard It Through The Grapevine".  The production job that has been done on this song is of a top quality and a lot of money and time has obviously been spent on this song.  It is one I would recommend to any fans of soul/old school r & b and once there is an EP or album released, I will have a further look at Mr Adams.  As it is a one track release, to give it a five out of five would be too much, but it is also better than a decent mark.  I just wish there was more to go on here, as good as the song is.  But, it is also best to keep the audience waiting and if this guy does a duet with Myles Sanko I might explode.

4 out of five - This is really good, just short of perfect (MORE SONGS PLEASE!!!!)

You can purchase the song from iTunes here


You can follow his activities here on Facebook

You can also visit the Harris Adam website here 

You can also listen to the song on Soundcloud here 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Past sermons

Greatest hits

Translate