3 March 2014

Day of Rest - After the storm








I thought I would start this with a picture of a cute spider to appease you all.  So, today was interest. ;-)
To be honest I did not expect that response, but I cannot really say I'm surprised in another way.  Whilst I make no retraction to what I said on the "How To Stop Your Brain In An Accident", I do have a few things to add.  Whilst the band have helped the blog get more traffic themselves (thanks for that), the remark about proof reading was harsh (but probably accurate at the same point let me explain).  Mainly the problem is that as someone who has a problem with dyslexia as well, it is not always possible even with a spell check tool, a grammar check tool and a proof read for mistakes to get through. But this is something that I always have to fight, hence why I do the blog to try to get better day by day; no excuse for some of the grammar crimes in one way, but then again.....  I also appreciated the part when the band actually said that I am entitled to my own opinion (such as they are also entitled to their own views on the blog).  The blog itself (as well as any that are written by me and the others - and anything you as the reader may think) are just our own opinions - you do not have to like them or agree, if you are reading this then you will have to make up your own mind.  Just like the guy who asked if I even "got" music (he actually wrote "get" but trying to make the sentence work here), he is entitled to that opinion of me.  There is always going to be works by bands or artists which you just don't like; for the record I do have other records by Future Of The Left and will be reviewing them at my leisure, I am sure (to paraphrase Blazing Saddles) you will be reverted.


So what can I take from today:

Would I change what I wrote - no, but more reading before publishing will happen.

Will this change the way I write - probably not, but again I will try to work with the dyslexia.

Will this change my opinion on Future Of The Left - no, I would just tread carefully as I was disappoint by that last album

Should the band change what they do - not at all, I wish them all the luck in the world and I hope they get all the success that they desire.  Just because I dislike what they last released does not mean they are on the wrong path; it is just not for me and this is a natural part of what happens to bands.  I still have their first few albums to listen to and that is fine by me.  Also, they managed to get their fans to help them out so they are doing what is right for them - as it should be.

Now onto other news:
We are still going to be working through our collective look at the albums from Sound City Recordings, I have heard rumbling from some of the other's that there is reviews of Frank Zappa, Mogwai, Limp Bizkit, Grumbling Fur, TRAAMS, Damon Alburn, Landmine Springs, Pablo Melons and others. 

Also I am looking into possibly getting a few more playlists up soon as well; as always we look forward to your suggestions.


Thanks for listening and if you are still pissed off at me, I can only say one more thing on the subject.....



Current listenings -

Therapy? - Blacken The Page
Clutch - Earth Rocker

Future Of The Left - Land Of My Formers
Nirvana - Molly's Lips
Pixies - Motorway To Roswell
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Behind The Sun
The Axis Of Awesome - 4 Chords

Fear Of Pop - In Love
Ghost - Infestissumam
Down - New Orleans Is A Dying Whore
Tom Waits - Such A Scream
Jughead's Revenge - Victims & Vilunteers
Eureka Machines - Living In Squalor

No comments:

Post a Comment

Past sermons

Greatest hits

Translate