2 December 2013

Day of Rest - One Year On.....



It has been a year since I started this blog.  One....whole....year......

Time flies and things of that nature - looking back at some of my early efforts are a little embarrassing to say the least.  I started this blog for the following reasons:


I'm really doing this as I have lots of music going on in my head. Not music I can perform, I have the musical ability of a dead trout - no I love music, listen to it every available moment I have, think of ways I can find more bands and songs, think of lists of CD's I can trade with friends and just got to the point where I wanted to write about the albums I listen to.  Also it might stop people on my Facebook from saying - will you stop making status remarks about the albums you’re listening to!!! - Caring people. ;-)

One year has passed since that statement and it still sort of rings true.  Except it is not just me, I have a group of people on here now, each doing what they can and when they can.  So Helen, Chris J, Chris C, Luke, Marc, Pete and Liam - thank you for joining in.

There has been some blogs which have hit the roof - the night I put up a review of The Drone by We Are Knuckle Dragger  was a strange night indeed, having the Cattle EP posted in a e-zine about the farming industry was a fun day, VerseChorusVerse new album being reviewed early due to a pledge was fun and the good feedback from various bands and some strangers from around the world has been good as well.  There has been some funny moments too, Jerm calling for a badger cull comes to mind, Chaney bemoaning the Steve Harris British Lion, my bemused face as the Nicke Borg Homeland keeps getting hits after I referred to it as a being the music equivalent of a candle in an ocean of vanilla thunder (it sucks).  When the twitter feed got a hit with Aimee Echo from Human Waste project reposted our review of their album E-Lux with her twitter followers that was a strange day.  As was the post from the ex-drummer of the Baby shambles praised our less than positive review of their new album - now that was strange; but it is all part of the joy of doing this.


So what is next for the team?  Well we have the best album of 2013 to come, then we also have the last few of the Manic Street Preachers blogs (it is like it never ends), there is the one-hit wonder blogs to start at some point and then the usual review of new and old albums from people we like or that might be interesting.  Of course, any requests people have will also be welcomed.  One year down, many more to go....

Currently listening


Dropkick Murphys - Signed & Sealed In Blood
AFI - Burials
Frank Zappa - The Man From Utopia
China Drum - Goosefair
VerseChorusVerse - VCV Ep
Boris - Heavy Rock (2012)
Manic Street Preachers - Know Your Enemy
Therapy? - Never Apologise, Never Explain

No comments:

Post a Comment

Past sermons

Greatest hits

Translate