15 August 2013

A day of rest (well, hardly but just another update)



Hello, not done one of these in a while; yet again I have chosen a random photo.  This was one of the ones I found for evil rising. Go figure....
We have all been doing real blogs for a change - who have thought it!  Well we have had a really good month last month, best month since the blog launched last year - thank you Russia for all the cyber attacks. :-)  So what do we have coming up - well there is a few subjects which we are pursuing.  At the moment, Pete is in the middle of organising this bag of cats into a Placebo discography review, there will be Love/Hate part 2 (if they thought the last ones where harsh on them, they have nothing on what I am going to do to them next), there is also a few more themed blogs coming and Spotify play lists which will include the following:

Dad Rock (I will explain later)
Guilty Pleasure (sort of self descriptive)
One Hit Wonders (Based on the UK charts as if we did it worldwide, so people are bigger in other countries and I don't think a review about Russ Abbott is needed)

I also have a personal list going on which I have added to this week by asking people I know to suggest albums I would not have heard of before.  It doesn't have to the best artist, but more the albums - so this is what I have to look forward to -

The Martin Green Machine - The Martin Green Machine
Jimmy Cross - I Want My Baby Back (This is not the name of an album, but a song which was suggested - can't find an album by Mr Cross, but it is on a lot of complication - and that song is either genius or truly twisted - but what would I know....)
Prisoners - The Last Forefathers
Greenhornes - Dual Mono (there is actually a few albums with this one)
[spunge] - Room For Abuse 06
8MM - Opener (ep)



Add that to this list and you see what I have to do so far -

Love - Forever Changes
Phillip H Anselmo & Warbeast - War of The Gargantas (Split ep)
System Of A Down - Toxicity
System Of A Down - Steal This Album
Slayer - Decade of Aggression
Tinariwen - Imidiwan
Druganaut - Shake Your Bones (ep)
Prong - Cleansing
The Black Keys - The Big Come Up
Cattle - Cattle (ep)

And this is before I add more to it, which I will undoubtedly do.  Not complaining as I do actually enjoy doing this, just sometimes I need my head checked when I ask for more stuff when I have other stuff on the go. But actually, if you want to add to this list - please do! I want more suggestion and if you have a particular blogger in mind for doing the blog, let us know. As we proved when Jerm reviewed Katy Perry the other week, we will review anything.

Current listening in Castle ATTIWLTMOWOS (Separate to the blog list)

VerseChorusVerse - VerseChorusVerse
Save The Vulture - Album One
Bill Wells & Aiden Moffat - Everything's Getting Older (which I still need to review)
The Wonderstuff - Construction Of The Modern Idiot
William Shatner - Has Been
Extreme - III Side To Each Story
The Killers - Day And Age
Lindsfarne - Best Of Lindsfarne
The Rye - Deadtime
Social Distortion - Live At The Roxy
Om - Live 2013
The Cardigans - Life


I think the next time I do one of these I will add a Spotify play list as well. Till then, good reading and make suggestions!!!

Eddie - 15/8/13

No comments:

Post a Comment

Past sermons

Greatest hits

Translate