7 July 2013
VerseChorusVerse - VCV EP
I remember when I first saw VerseChorusVerse (AKA Tony Wright) supporting Jonah Matranga in a bar in Newcastle upon Tyne called Trillians. Now I knew nothing of his work with his former band 'And So I Saw You From Afar' and had not heard anything before hand. However, he did a wonderful performance that evening, even did a cover of "Footsteps" by Pearl Jam with Jonah which you can see on YouTube (for some reason it is not loading up). After the show I got to met him and purchased this ep. Now soon Mr Wright is hoping to release a new album, but before that I want to take a look at the original songs that I heard.
What we have here is a well produced four track ep, that starts off with the wonderful "One Fine Day" (which is a stable of my iPod mix), and it is followed by the sublime "Into The Autumn" which includes a wonderful little solo which haunts the mind for days afterwards. Now unlike when I saw VCV, this is a full band affair which makes "Throw Me Away (Sold Us Astray)" and the simplistic and lovely "The Accused" which makes this ep something very special.
Now people who come here often know I try to make an even point and state if there is something that is not as good or could have been done better. Well it is nice to report that there is nothing to be critical about here. It is a beautiful ep and well crafted - I would recommend it to everyone, and I would also ask that if you like this, support Tony in his new Pledge Music venture for his album release. But also get a copy of this ep. You will not be disappointed.
5 out of five - I wish I had extra ears to love this more
For the next 8 days from 7/7/13 - you can pledge to the new album on Pledge Music
You can purchase the MP3's from Amazon here
I cannot find a website, but he uses this Facebook page a lot
You can listen to the EP here on Spotify
You can also listen to the EP on Soundcloud here
Whilst the EP is not on Bandcamp, there are other releases on it
- ► 2017 (149)
- ► 2016 (249)
- ► 2015 (267)
- ► 2014 (309)
- Katy Perry - One Of The Boys
- Motörhead - March Or Die
- Palms - Palms
- Aura Noir - Out To Die
- Druganaut - Druganaut
- Starz - Starz
- Amon Tobin - Supermodified
- Earth Crisis - Slither
- Within Temptation - The Q-Music Sessions
- Ben Folds - Way To Normal
- Slash's Snakepit - It's Five O Clock Somewhere...
- Jupiter Society - From Endangered To Extinct
- Robert Plant - Fate of Nations
- We Are The In Crowd - Best Intentions
- Queen & Paul Rodgers - The Cosmos Rocks
- Teeth Of Lions Rules The Divine - Rampton
- The Creep Void - Apotheosis
- Eddie Spaghetti - The Value Of Nothing
- The Smiths - Meat Is Murder
- Half Man Half Biscuit - Trouble Over Bridgwater
- Velvet Revolver - Libertad
- Arcite - The Escape Key
- Katy Perry - Teenage Dream
- Kiss - Love Gun
- Machine Head - Hellalive
- Faith No More - The Real Thing
- Joe Satriani - Surfing With The Alien
- Zero 7 - When It Falls
- Exxasens - Eleven Miles
- Queens Of The Stone Age - Lullabies To Paralyze
- Pink Floyd - A Momentary Lapse Of Reason
- Beth Jean Houghton & The Hooves of Destiny - Yours...
- Megadeth - Countdown To Extinction
- Led Zeppelin - How The West Was Won (Live Album)
- Tricky - Maxinquaye
- Avenged Sevenfold - Waking The Fallen
- The Duckworth Lewis Method - The Duckworth Lewis M...
- Queens of The Stone Age - Era Vulgaris
- Morrissey - Vauxhall And I
- Boris - Pink
- Oasis - Standing on the Shoulder of Giants
- Mumford and Sons - Sigh No More
- VerseChorusVerse - VCV EP
- Within Temptation - The Silent Force
- Guns 'n' Roses - Chinese Democracy
- Reel Big Fish - Why Do They Rock So Hard?
- Vision of Disorder - From Bliss To Devestation
- Paloma Faith - Fall To Grace
- Soul Asylum - Grave Dancers Union
- Sonic Youth - Bad Moon Rising
- Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here
- The Divine Comedy - Casanova
- Blur - The Great Escape
- A day of rest - catch up and the launch of Love & ...
- ▼ July (54)
So, we have reached the end of the year and it's been an eventful 12 months! So much has happened, the standard of the records rel...
Has it really been that long ago since I started this blog? The first post (cleverly linked here) was posted on the 2nd December (o...
Who doesn't like an end of year list? No-one! They tell you they don't, but inside they secretly do. So, as we approach the e...
Well, what a year it has been for releases. 2015 has been an incredible year for me with records and for the blog as well - ...
Seems like an apt image for the year (the other was the Grim Reaper laughing), 2016 has been a bit of a shit year in some ways and in oth...
I never thought I would get the change chance to review a new album by Iron Monkey. It just didn’t seem possible for this legendary act...
Alice Cooper is a legend that really doesn't need any introduction, if you're new to the game then you've got a little bit ...
As regular visitors for this page will know, the best percentage of the team enjoy the songs of Ginger Wildheart; the man has made som...
Welcome to a roundup review! Similar to the Round-Up posts I put up earlier in the year, I’m going to be posting some bullet point reviews,...
Right, Album Of The Year time then. It's something I pour far too much energy into and have been carefully adjusting my list all year ...