12 May 2013
Catch up and single/ep scoring system
No idea why I choose that image - guess I'm just in that type of mood. Hope you are all doing well, we have been very busy here in ATTIWLTMOWOS land. April 2013 has been our best month for the amount of views - thank you Russia for the cyber attack - some great music has been listened to and some truly awful music too has been heard. But this is what we like, sometimes one of us does a review and the others might not agree, yet the debate is the best thing. So thank you for viewing and giving us suggestions. Please keep them coming.
Our long promised bloggers choice with Spotify play list will be up really shortly. I have the lists from all the present team. Speaking of which there may be other people joining - will keep you posted.
Now on to the introduction of a new scoring system for eps and singles. It seems really unfair to use the old 0-10 for singles and eps. They do not have as many tracks and sometimes that is not enough details to give one of the more in-depth markings. Therefore, when an ep or single is reviewed, the following scoring system will be used:
0 - Only to be listened to by people bless with the gift of being deaf
1 - Not so much on the bad that it is bottom of the barrel, but it can see the stuff down there
2 - Not bad, not good - so average it is Zen
3 - Decent, getting there
4 - This is really good, just short of perfect
5 - I wish I had extra ears to love this more
As you can see, gone a little crazy but nevermind. The markings are set and the first batches of eps will be reviewed soon.
Well, there is lots to do and places to be. May you all be well and in good health.
Current listening list when not blogging
Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti - Before Today
XLR8R - Inner Oceans
Tom Waits - Blue Valentine
WHLA - Lost Murray
The Wildhearts - The Wildhearts
Black Sabbath - Sabbath Bloody Sabbath
Slayer - Decade Of Aggression
- ► 2017 (149)
- ► 2016 (249)
- ► 2015 (267)
- ► 2014 (309)
- Korn - The Path To Totality
- Monty Python - Monty Python Sings
- Lamb of God - Ashes Of The Wake
- Orbital - The Altogether
- Nirvana - Nevermind
- Skrillex - Scary Monsters & Nice Sprites EP
- The collective blog & Spotify playlist!
- Catch up and single/ep scoring system
- Devin Townsend Project - Epicloud
- Frank Zappa - Sheik Yerbouti
- Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti - Before Today
- Municipal Waste - The Fatal Feast
- Oasis - The Masterplan
- The Macc Lads - Beer, Sex, Chips & Gravy
- Blur - Parklife
- Barn Owl - Lost In The Glare
- Death Cab for Cutie - Transatlanticism
- British Sea Power - Machineries Of Joy
- Oasis - Be Here Now
- Jon Bon Jovi - Blaze Of Glory
- Fight Like Apes - Fight Like Apes And The Mystery ...
- Velvet Revolver - Contraband
- Guns N' Roses - Use Your Illusion 2
- Don't Be A Stranger - Frutti Di Mare
- Godsmack - Godsmack
- Ugly Kid Joe - America's Least Wanted
- Pantera - Cowboys From Hell
- Ben Folds Five - The Unauthorized Bigoraphy of Rei...
- Slayer - God Hates Us All
- Guns 'n' Roses - The Spaghetti Incident
- Oasis - What's The Story (Morning Glory)
- Down - N.O.L.A.
- The Wonder Stuff - Oh No, It's... The Wonder Stuff...
- Beady Eye - Different Gear, Still Speeding
- Oasis - Definitely Maybe
- ▼ May (35)
So, we have reached the end of the year and it's been an eventful 12 months! So much has happened, the standard of the records rel...
Who doesn't like an end of year list? No-one! They tell you they don't, but inside they secretly do. So, as we approach the e...
Rightly or wrongly, They Might Be Giants will always be viewed as a ‘One Hit Wonder’ in the UK, which is a shame. If you mention thei...
Ryan Hamilton is an all-round legend in my books. I recently conducted an interview with him for my radio show on NE1FM called Attentio...
Alice Cooper is a legend that really doesn't need any introduction, if you're new to the game then you've got a little bit ...
Has it really been that long ago since I started this blog? The first post (cleverly linked here) was posted on the 2nd December (o...
New Language (stylised NEW LANGUAGE) is a band I found out about early this year whilst looking for songs for my radio show. As with a f...
Ghost//Signals are one of my favourite groups in Newcastle right now, together with The NX, Dunes and Waheela. Last year, their second s...
Seems like an apt image for the year (the other was the Grim Reaper laughing), 2016 has been a bit of a shit year in some ways and in oth...
Welcome to the final round-up review of 2017! Similar to the Round-Up posts I put up earlier in the year, I’m going to be posting some bull...