12 May 2013
Catch up and single/ep scoring system
No idea why I choose that image - guess I'm just in that type of mood. Hope you are all doing well, we have been very busy here in ATTIWLTMOWOS land. April 2013 has been our best month for the amount of views - thank you Russia for the cyber attack - some great music has been listened to and some truly awful music too has been heard. But this is what we like, sometimes one of us does a review and the others might not agree, yet the debate is the best thing. So thank you for viewing and giving us suggestions. Please keep them coming.
Our long promised bloggers choice with Spotify play list will be up really shortly. I have the lists from all the present team. Speaking of which there may be other people joining - will keep you posted.
Now on to the introduction of a new scoring system for eps and singles. It seems really unfair to use the old 0-10 for singles and eps. They do not have as many tracks and sometimes that is not enough details to give one of the more in-depth markings. Therefore, when an ep or single is reviewed, the following scoring system will be used:
0 - Only to be listened to by people bless with the gift of being deaf
1 - Not so much on the bad that it is bottom of the barrel, but it can see the stuff down there
2 - Not bad, not good - so average it is Zen
3 - Decent, getting there
4 - This is really good, just short of perfect
5 - I wish I had extra ears to love this more
As you can see, gone a little crazy but nevermind. The markings are set and the first batches of eps will be reviewed soon.
Well, there is lots to do and places to be. May you all be well and in good health.
Current listening list when not blogging
Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti - Before Today
XLR8R - Inner Oceans
Tom Waits - Blue Valentine
WHLA - Lost Murray
The Wildhearts - The Wildhearts
Black Sabbath - Sabbath Bloody Sabbath
Slayer - Decade Of Aggression
- ► 2017 (120)
- ► 2016 (249)
- ► 2015 (267)
- ► 2014 (309)
- Korn - The Path To Totality
- Monty Python - Monty Python Sings
- Lamb of God - Ashes Of The Wake
- Orbital - The Altogether
- Nirvana - Nevermind
- Skrillex - Scary Monsters & Nice Sprites EP
- The collective blog & Spotify playlist!
- Catch up and single/ep scoring system
- Devin Townsend Project - Epicloud
- Frank Zappa - Sheik Yerbouti
- Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti - Before Today
- Municipal Waste - The Fatal Feast
- Oasis - The Masterplan
- The Macc Lads - Beer, Sex, Chips & Gravy
- Blur - Parklife
- Barn Owl - Lost In The Glare
- Death Cab for Cutie - Transatlanticism
- British Sea Power - Machineries Of Joy
- Oasis - Be Here Now
- Jon Bon Jovi - Blaze Of Glory
- Fight Like Apes - Fight Like Apes And The Mystery ...
- Velvet Revolver - Contraband
- Guns N' Roses - Use Your Illusion 2
- Don't Be A Stranger - Frutti Di Mare
- Godsmack - Godsmack
- Ugly Kid Joe - America's Least Wanted
- Pantera - Cowboys From Hell
- Ben Folds Five - The Unauthorized Bigoraphy of Rei...
- Slayer - God Hates Us All
- Guns 'n' Roses - The Spaghetti Incident
- Oasis - What's The Story (Morning Glory)
- Down - N.O.L.A.
- The Wonder Stuff - Oh No, It's... The Wonder Stuff...
- Beady Eye - Different Gear, Still Speeding
- Oasis - Definitely Maybe
- ▼ May (35)
Has it really been that long ago since I started this blog? The first post (cleverly linked here) was posted on the 2nd December (o...
Seems like an apt image for the year (the other was the Grim Reaper laughing), 2016 has been a bit of a shit year in some ways and in oth...
As regular visitors for this page will know, the best percentage of the team enjoy the songs of Ginger Wildheart; the man has made som...
Right, Album Of The Year time then. It's something I pour far too much energy into and have been carefully adjusting my list all year ...
This is a review of the first Country/Folk album from Ginger Wildheart, this album has been released via Pledgemusic once again and is...
Link 1: Blabbermouth announcing the release of Metal Resistance. Link 2: Metal Injection discussing the release of Metal Resistance ...
Until two months ago, I had never heard of the Sleaford Mods. Like ships in the night, they had passed me by as I watch/listened to othe...
If it was not for the legend that is Luke Dunmore, I would not have ever heard of The Darkest of the Hillside Thickets! My ex-partner i...
Life of Agony can never be accused of taking the easy route, that is something that can be said for them. It could be the fact that the...
Sometimes albums come out of nowhere and for me this was one I was not expecting at all. Future Of The Left are a post hardcore band f...