8 March 2013

Early Man - Closing In



Thunder - when I was a kid, I was told that if your saw lightning and counted seconds till you heard the thunder, you would know how far away it would be in miles.  Obviously the less time you counted, the closer it was. Now this is nothing to do with the title of this album, but I wanted to give some sort of idea of what it was like when I first heard this album.
 

This album was released in 2005, when this band was a two piece. Honestly when I got the CD which I purchased on the back of the track "Death Is The Answer" which I had heard on Pandora when you could cheat and get it in the UK - seriously, it only asked you for a zip code.  For the record, the only one I knew was 91210....I have no shame.  What struck me about "Death Is The Answer" was how primal and just back to basics it was. Even now almost 8 years on it still is an astonishing piece of music, that opening which brings to mind Black Sabbath, Judas Priest and just that old school metal vibe with an almost Bowie vibe make the old school rocker in me jump for joy.
 

And that is only one song.  There is a further 10 tracks on this debut album.  Now I will admit that Early Man are not what you will call an original band, they are treading a path as wide as the  river Hudson on the banks of their original home city (New York) - they now hail from Los Angeles.  It is that early (to coin a phrase) NWOBH sound that made Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Ozzy Osborne and others famous.  They use it to such a fantastic degree on songs such as "Evil Is", "Like A Goddamm Rat" and "Brain Sick" that just brings a faith in metal and rock music back to this man.  It is just honest metal, it is not trying to be hip, and it is not trying to be anything else that what it is.
 
Like thunder and lightning these guys are just a joy to listen to and need to be done very very loudly. At the moment these guys have a campaign going on for a new album, like the pledge music campaign that Ginger Wildheart did so well.  I would recommend that you join in if you can, I hope they get there target (and extend it by one day so I can afford to do it).   Until then, and I think this might be on my tombstone if I get that luxury.....DEATH IS THE ANSWER TO MY PRAYERS!!!!!! YYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

 10 out of ten - this is proof there is a God

You can purchase it here (and you should)
 
You can listen to it here on Spotify here
 
Whilst you cannot buy the album directly from the band, check out what else you can buy!
 
Also, pledge for their new album!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Past sermons

Greatest hits

Translate