10 January 2013
Wam Bam, Thank You Ma'am!!! - Bowie through the ages
This week the White Duke turn 66, made his come back to the music scene (later to have the British Chart company say his single is not eligible for the charts due to a technicality - funny how it was outsell the whole top 40.....) and provide to be as much of an enigma as ever. No news beforehand, just wam bam, here you are. Oh how I have missed this man.
In honour of this I have decided to put up a Spotify list of some of Bowie's finest (and little know - if there is such a thing) moments. There is some obvious omissions, which I will confess are on purpose. Some tracks are so well known that you don't need them again. Some were too big to ignore - Life on Mars for instance. I will let you be the judge on the list, and please give your opinions.
Here is the list for your visual pleasure:
Speed of Life - From the album "Low"
Watch That Man - From the album "Aladdin Sane"
I'm Afraid of Americans (NIN Remix) - From the album "Earthling"
That's Motivation - From the "Absolute Beginners" EP
Moonage Daydream - From the album "The Rise & Fall of Ziggy Stardust"
Rebel Rebel - From the album "Diamond Dogs"
Queen Bitch - From the album "Bowie At The Beeb"
Everyone Says 'Hi' - From the album "Heathen"
Buddha of Suburbia - From the album "Sound & Vision"
Life on Mars? - From the album "Hunky Dory"
Hallo Spaceboy - From the album "Outside"
Always Crashing The Same Car - From the album "Low"
Magic Dance - From the "Labyrinth" OST
Andy Warhol - From the album "Bowie At The Beeb"
Suffragette City - From the album "The Rise & Fall of Ziggy Stardust"
Absolute Beginners - From the "Absolute Beginners" EP
Heroes - From the album "Heroes"
The Jean Genie - From the album "Aladdin Sane"
I Would Be Your Slave - From the album "Heathen"
Ashes To Ashes - From the album "Scary Monsters"
As The World Falls Down - From the "Labyrinth" OST
Thursday's Child - From the album "Hours...."
The Man Who Sold The World - From the album "The Man Who Sold The World"
She'll Drive The Big Car - From the album "Reality"
Within You - From the "Labyrinth" OST
Young Americans - From the album "Sound And Vision"
Strangers When We Meet - From the album "Outside"
Bonus Tracks -
Aladdian Sane - From the album "Aladdin Sane"
Starman - From the album "The Rise & Fall of Ziggy Stardust"
So, let me know what you think. Every once in a while I will put up a little list and explain the reasoning behind it. Was contemplating a little review of each song, but time is against me as ever. Enjoy!!!
Here is a link to the Bowie page on Amazon if you want to buy stuff
Wam Bam, Thank You Ma'am!!!! - Link to the spotify list
- ► 2017 (149)
- ► 2016 (249)
- ► 2015 (267)
- ► 2014 (309)
- Days of rest - part 4....I think.....
- Dexys - One Day I'm Going To Soar
- Circus of Power - Vices
- Rage Against The Machine - Evil Empire
- Rage Against The Machine - Rage Against The Machin...
- Ed Sheeran - +
- VCMG - SSSS
- J Mascis - Several Shades of Why
- London Electricity - Billion Dollar Gravy
- The Levellers - Zeitgeist
- White Zombie - Astro-Creep: 2000 Songs of Love, De...
- Machine Head - Supercharger
- Rush - Snakes & Arrows
- Joy Division - Closer
- Gotye - Making Mirrors
- Jeff Wayne - The War of The Worlds
- The Joy Formidable - Wolf's Law
- New Model Army - Thunder & Consolation
- Hot Snakes - Automatic Midnight
- Pig - Geniune American Monster
- Mansun - 6
- Silver Ginger 5 - Black Leather Mojo
- Biffy Clyro - The Vertigo of Bliss
- Approaching treble figures......
- Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - Henry's Dream
- Two Lone Swordsmen - From The Double Gone Chapel
- Kiss - Hotter Than Hell
- Steve Harris - British Lion
- R.E.M. - Monster
- Sugar - Copper Blue
- Fear Factory - Demanufacture
- Everything Everything - Man Alive
- Band of Skulls - Baby Darling Doll Face Honey
- Bad Brains - Into The Future
- Mother Firefly - Silence Sez It All EP
- R.E.M. - Accelerate
- The Slackers - Self Medication
- Robert Logan - Inscape
- Morthem Vlade Art - Organic But Not Mental
- Dead Kennedys - Fresh Fruit For Rotten Vegetables
- Public Image Limited - The Is PiL
- Edgard Varèse - Experimental Essentials
- Therapy? - One Cure Fits All
- Black Moth - The Killing Jar
- We Are Knuckle Dragger - Tit For Tat
- Far - At Night We Live
- Wam Bam, Thank You Ma'am!!! - Bowie through the ag...
- Elbow - The Seldom Seen Kid
- Ginger - Mutation:Error 500
- Ryan Adams - Love Is Hell
- Raging Speedhorn - Raging Speedhorn
- Delicate Steve - Positive Force
- Frank Ocean - Channel Orange
- White Rose Movement - Kick
- Captain Beefheart & His Magic Band - Safe As Milk
- Ginger - Mutation:The Frankenstein Effect
- Amanda Palmer & The Grand Theft Audio Orchestra - ...
- Ben Folds Five - The Sound of The Life of The Mind...
- Metallica - ...And Justice For All
- Nekromantik - Fairy Catcher
- ▼ January (60)
So, we have reached the end of the year and it's been an eventful 12 months! So much has happened, the standard of the records rel...
Who doesn't like an end of year list? No-one! They tell you they don't, but inside they secretly do. So, as we approach the e...
Has it really been that long ago since I started this blog? The first post (cleverly linked here) was posted on the 2nd December (o...
Alice Cooper is a legend that really doesn't need any introduction, if you're new to the game then you've got a little bit ...
New Language (stylised NEW LANGUAGE) is a band I found out about early this year whilst looking for songs for my radio show. As with a f...
Rightly or wrongly, They Might Be Giants will always be viewed as a ‘One Hit Wonder’ in the UK, which is a shame. If you mention thei...
Well, what a year it has been for releases. 2015 has been an incredible year for me with records and for the blog as well - ...
Seems like an apt image for the year (the other was the Grim Reaper laughing), 2016 has been a bit of a shit year in some ways and in oth...
Welcome to the final round-up review of 2017! Similar to the Round-Up posts I put up earlier in the year, I’m going to be posting some bull...
I never thought I would get the change chance to review a new album by Iron Monkey. It just didn’t seem possible for this legendary act...