27 January 2013

Circus of Power - Vices



Now where do I begin with this one......  Circus of Power where formed in 1986, they released four studio albums and one live album during their existence.  Musically they are a heavy blue glam band with a slice of country in there as well, for some reason my head is wondering if this is what Pantera sounded like before they did Cowboys From Hell (if someone out there has a copy of any of those works I would like to know as I want to review them).  Now that I have gotten that out of the way I can go on to the album itself.....

This is very much of its time - it is like when you watch early 90's wrestling. It has not aged well at all. Sure there are some good tracks on it - "Last Call Rosie" is a throw back to when glam ruled the airwaves which brought a dry smile to my face - actually to be honest, that is the only song which approaches good. It is just not my cup of tea I'm guessing, if it was being played I would not be screaming for it to be turned off (it is still a million times better than Black Spiders), but I don't think I would go out of my way to hear it again either.

I cannot fault the playing here, it is very well produced (if a little dated) - but all in all it is not my cup of tea.  I'm gonna probably ask Mr Chaney to review this one as well - but for me it is just a little bit average and not essential to my every day listening.

4.5 out of ten - Well it is alright, but still......

You can purchase from here

You can listen to it on Spotify here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Past sermons

Greatest hits

Translate