3 December 2012

Every Time I Die - Hot Damn!


This is one of my favourite titled album. Every Time I Die from the US of A came out the then emerging Mathcore/Metalcore scenes (if someone can explain the difference between these two, you will get some sort of prize - not from me, just in life).  Sounding like they are playing their last ever set each time they pick up their instruments, these guys go head first into the pit and don't let the pressue up from the beginning to the end.

Tracks like "I've Been Gone A Long Time", "Romeo A-Go-Go", "Ebolarama" and the brilliantly named "In The Event Everything Should Go Terribly Wrong" it is just track after track. This is an album for motivation, purpose, getting ready from a night out in some dive of a bar listening to a band who will come into town and take everything that is not nailed down.

But is it amazing?  Well, it is a great album. I saw them when they toured with this (cannot remember who else was on the bill) and they were very impressive. Got the crowd up for it and live these songs sound like they are delivered with heart and soul.  But as much as I enjoy the album (and as I said one of my fourite titled albums ever), there is just something that does not quite make it from the live show to the album. Maybe it is the fact that these songs are designed for the pit and not for home listening or outside of a gym workout.  I would like to state if shouty pit anthems of brutal relentless punk/metal/whatevercore are your thing then this is a good album. However, I would also advise you to see these guys live where this band are in their element.

7.5 out of 10 - This is good and well worth a check

You can purchase from here

You can listen on Spotify here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Past sermons

Greatest hits

Translate